Monday, April 16, 2007

2007: so far, so good!

As I look back at my promise to make better use of my Nasonex spray to keep the sinuses from blocking due to some life-long (apparently) environmental allergies, I can say that I have been much better this year. I am making use of it almost every day. My head thanks me for sure!

I haven't suffered from any hay fever symptoms yet, though my mother has. I have played four rounds of golf in between these crazy Ottawa spring snow storms - I guess they have kept the evil weeds that cause me grief at bay!

It takes lots of discipline, but I do read ingredient labels on all new products that I buy at the grocery store - particularly on spaghetti sauce or anything else that could potentially contain those evil pine nuts that will do me in without much warning.

So all in all, I'm doing well this year as far as allergies are concerned. I have to acquire a new EpiPen or one of the newer devices (Twinject?) in the coming weeks. Pretty cheap insurance for potentially life saving devices. Fortunately I have never had to use one yet.

Many people around me keep insisting that post-childhood developed food allergies will fade with time. I am hoping that this will be the case for me, but the allergist didn't seem to think so when I got re-tested last year to see if I could enjoy shrimp and/or lobster again.

As such, I will live vicariously through some of my friends who seem to indulge in the wonderful fruits of the sea more often than I care to know!!! Here's to a continued allergy-free 2007!

1 Comments:

Blogger Uppidity said...

Verus Pharmaceuticals will be introducing an enhanced Twinject epinephrine auto injector. Results from user studies indicated faster time to administer both doses. Research conducted with health care professionals demonstrated that enhanced Twinject® improved ease of administration and comfort with patient training. The product enhancements include streamlined use instructions which uses simple diagrams to demonstrate proper administration, color coding and labeled caps, and ready access to the second dose of epinephrine. We have new demonstrators that are very similar like the actual unit (although no needle, no epinephrine and clearly marked as demonstrator unit) and new training DVDs. In addition, we have a re-vamped website at www.twinject.com and a training site at www.twinjecttraining.com. If you would like more information please contact me at Verus at 858-436-1623 or at acaterina@veruspharm.com. The product is available in the US and in Canada.

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home